If you are thinking about starting your signed sports memorabilia collection, big or small, it is best to lay out a plan of action before you start spending your hard earned money. While this may seem like common sense, you wouldn’t believe how many people fail to act accordingly. Planning ahead will ultimately result in a more enjoyable experience. Try some of these tips:
- Select a collecting theme and stick to it
- This takes precedence over anything else! Not only will it help you stay focused on your collecting goals, it will also help you maintain your sanity. Collectors are tempted, time and time again, to buy things that simply do not fit into the theme of their existing collection. When you appreciate great items, it's hard to resist the opportunity to buy something when the opportunity presents itself. If you collect autographs of Hall of Fame pitchers, it just doesn't make sense to buy a Magic Johnson rookie card and a Wayne Gretzky-signed puck. If you fall victim to your own impulses, you end up with a collection that has no rhyme or reason to it.
- Ask Questions To Educate Yourself
- You can never ask enough questions in this business. Whether it is a third party, a dealer, an auction, or a collectible there is more information to the collector today primarily because of the internet. There are plenty of websites with a lot of information about collectibles, their history, their scarcity, and their popularity.
- Consider Display Or Storage Cases
- This is where many new collector’s learn a valuable lesson the hard way.You end up buying a bunch of items and quickly realize you have no place to put them. If you want to display your memorabilia proudly or if you want them under lock and key this is an investment that is necessary.
Although there are many more things to consider before you start building your collection this is a good starting point to enjoy your new hobby to the fullest.
With the All Star Break upon us this week, baseball season has passed its halfway point. Teams are vying for the top spots in their divisions, and with approximately 70 games left for each team, there's no letting up now. If you're a season ticket holder for your favorite club, or you only head to [...]
The 2014 World Cup is in full swing and for at least one month this summer, everyone is a soccer fan. The World Cup encompasses the entire globe and brings out sports fans of all ages and ethnicities. If you're a fan of the "beautiful game," you can find wonderful autographed sports memorabilia at Sports [...]
When you're watching sports this summer - whether it's hockey, baseball, or the World Cup - there's one thing you always remember - the love you have for the competition and the virtue of the men and women that play the game. The love of sports is often something that is passed down through the [...]
We love Opening Day, and we bet that you do, too. There was a movement this year on the internet to make Opening Day a national holiday, since baseball is our national sport (and shouldn’t everyone have a chance to attend an opening day game?). The White House rejected the online petition, and said a [...]
When you are purchasing signed baseballs, you have to be careful of forgeries. The forgery market is as hot as it has ever been, and people are eager to sell you a forged baseball for a high dollar amount. They end up with your money and you end up with a baseball that isn’t worth [...]
If you are looking for the best sports memorabilia like signed baseballs, autographed helmets, signed jerseys, and more, you've come to the right place on the internet. We have a huge selection of memorabilia from every sport so you can find the treasured item for your collection or something to add to the collection of [...]
After an exciting play off season, the Denver Broncos will go head-to-head with the Seattle Seahawks for the Super Bowl title. Both teams have incredible players and are determined to win, so this is going to be a game to remember. If you're looking for a special piece to commemorate the big day, visit our [...]
Mickey Mantle joined the Yankees at the age of 19 in 1951. That began his incredible 18 season career as a baseball player, and is widely regarded as one of the best switch hitters of all time, if not one of the best players of all time. Of course, if you've got a loved one [...]
The sports world continue to capture the hearts and minds of people around the world, and being able to own a piece of one of the greats is an honor. Sports Integrity sells the best sports collectibles and memorabilia online, and while we've seen some amazing items come through our store since we opened, we're [...]